3 Gibbons Rd,
Takapuna, Auckland
Ph 09 486-62


3 Gibbons Rd, Takapuna, Auckland 09 486-6206  0800 283 238             


We also help with

  • Advocacy
  • Debt collectors
  • IRD debt
  • Work & Income issues
  • Restructuring of debt 
  • Summary Instalment Orders & NAP to avoid bankruptcy
  • Fines

Do you need to take care of matters that you have been avoiding?

  • Old debts
  • Bad spending habits
  • Problem gambling
  • Sickness
  • Mental health issues

We can help with budgeting while you work on these problems.

We can also direct you to other agencies for help.

Financial matters affect total family well-being. We will do what we can to help reduce financial stress.

What we do

One to one FREE budget advice for family and individual finances.

How can we help?

We offer free advice to help you budget and manage finances. 

We can prepare a personal budget and recommend changes.

Start by calling us on 09 486 6206 and make an appointment for free budget advice.

We will provide the following

  • A long budget to give an accurate picture of all your costs for a year balanced against your income. 
    Options: you may need to make changes so that your budget works.
  • A short budget to list the payments that need to be made regularly.

When the budget has been balanced we offer a further option of Intensive Support Services.

Intensive Support Services

This involves a client's income being paid directly into our client bank account and our making all payments (allowance, rent, power, phone, medical etc) by direct credit on behalf of the client. There is a small monthly fee for this service.

The first step is to call us on 09 486 6206 and make an appointment for budget advice, which is free. You may then decide you want or need us to make all your payments for you. Intensive Support Services is voluntary and can be stopped by giving us advance notice.

Clients are still responsible for their debts, but we keep regular bills up to date and work toward reducing debts. Clients' bills come to our office and we in turn send clients a monthly statement to show all payments and income received.

Frequently asked questions

How can I earn more money?

Is there a skill that you have, outside your regular job? Do you know how to fix computers, speak another language, do beekeeping? If you have some skill that you know would be useful to others, you could become a part time tutor. If you can't think of any particular skill you have, there is plenty of help needed out there, that people are happy to pay for ... walking people's dogs, reading to elderly people in a resthome, house cleaning etc.

How do I apply for a HNZ house?

Housing New Zealand may be able to assist: You can contact them as shown below
Freephone Numbers:
Phone: 0800 801 601.
Fax: 0800 201 202
Visit the website

Where can I get cheap or second hand school uniforms?

Talk to us. Often the schools your children attend will have second hand uniforms for purchase. Sometimes uniforms are sold on Trade me and other reseller sites.Ask around -- often parents hold on to clothing that has been outgrown. However once they are aware of need in their neighbourhood they may be willing to pass on clothing at a reduce cost or even trade for services which you can offer. We may be able to advise you on how to contact agencies that can help financially.

What's the most important thing to save for?

The most important thing to save for is your emergency fund. If you loose your job, get sick or have some other life changing event, you'll need to have something set aside. You may have other goals which are also important but it's good to have some funds aside for any sort of unexpected emergency.

What should you do about repaying your credit card?

If you have high-interest credit card debt, you should keep a minimum of whatever you can afford to keep in an emergency fund ($500 to $1000 at least )Apply the rest of your savings towards repaying your credit card debt.

How do you budget when your income is irregular?

(For example you work on a contract basis) Firstly you need to give weight to each of your expenses, you can easily figure out what absolutely needs to be covered every week, month etc. Your very basic needs would include things like food, electricity, heat, water, etc – and order them from the most important to the least important. When you do receive payment, pay the bills at the top of the list first.

How do I reduce my costs even further?

Sometimes it seems impossible to reduce even further but there is always a way. Some ideas ... sell the car and walk or bus, sell things that you no longer need, reduce cellphone plan, don't buy food out, buy from cheeper bulk food stores, reduce electricity usage where possible, cancel any club memberships, go to the library instead of buying a video,start a garden to grow your own vegetables and/or buy food in bulk.

Who should I call if I have a problem with financial services?

FSCL (Financial Services Complaints Ltd) is an independent dispute resolution service approved by the Minister of Consumer Affairs. FSCL may be able to help with a problem that cannot be resolved with a financial service provider. The kinds of things that FSCL can help with are loan problems, repossession, an insurance claim that has been declined, unfair fees and charges, transaction disputes. You can call us about KiwiSaver funds, Card services, Foreign exchange, Loans and credit etc. See the website http://www.fscl.org.nz for more info, or call 0800 347257.

Are you having a problem with a health or disability service?

If you are unhappy about a service you received from a health or disability service provider you can seek the support of an Advocate to help you resolve your complaint. Free phone 0800 555050.

Who should I call to solve any problems with my phone or internet provider?

Telecommunication Dispute Resolution (TDR) is a free, independent service to help consumers with complaints about their telecommmunications company. You can find out more about TDR on the website here www.tdr.org.nz or call TRD on freephone 0508 989898

Who should I call about any complaint that I may have with my electricity provider?

The Electricity Complaints Commission is set up to help with common issues such as switching electricity companies, billing, disconnections etc. Please phone 0800 223340 to make a complaint.